Monday, July 20, 2009

Family Day 2009

Dear Shealin,
These words describe you as I see you, I am sure the list will grow over the years:

S- stubborn, silly, spicy, smart, sassy, snuggley(I am sure that is not a word)
H- helpful, healthy, humorous
E- energetic, eager, edgy
A- amazing, adorable, active
L- lovable, loving, lanky
I- independent, inquisitive, intelligent, impish, impatient
N- nice, naughty(not always)

3 Years, 1095 days, 26280 hours, 1,576,800 minutes have passed and yet it seems like yesterday that you were placed in my arms. You were such a tiny little peanut with spiky hair, so full of wonder at everything going on around you. I will never know what you felt in those moments, but I fell in love instantly. I knew we were meant to be together and that you would fit into my life perfectly. You make me laugh every day, you can brighten my darkest days, you can frustrate me and try my patience like no other. I have loved every second of every year, day hour and minute that we have been a family. I am so blessed to have you, my daughter and I look forward to our lifetime together. This day brings many memories, the long wait until the bus left for the Civil Affairs Office, the chaos of handing over 5 babies to 5 different families, the tears and smiles on every one's face. I think of your birth parents and I thank them for you. I think of the great friends we have made: The Burningham Family, the Monforton/Roginske Family and the Munsinger Family. I am thankful for it all. Happy Forever Family Day 2009.
Love,
Mommy

The following pictures are all of Shealin and her 100 Good Wishes Quilt. Judy we thank you so very much. We both love it. Words cannot express how much we love it. Shealin has asked to go night night with it. You have won her approval. Thank you again and again. It is beautiful!





3 comments:

Elder Cook said...

This is sweet can't believe it has been 3 years already. She looks great and of course she's darling.

Judy said...

I am so glad she loves the quilt. She looks great wearing it. You need to phot the other side with all of the great good wishes showing...
I can not bleieve how cute she looks wearing it.
Judy

Kylie's momma said...

Well written my friend! Shealin will love it. Love love her quilt too! Congrats on your oh so special daughter. Lie is SWEET!