Friday, July 10, 2009

Parenthood

Parenthood is not for the feint of heart. You never have all the answers, and only want the very best for your child. Sometimes the answers are hard to find or are not concrete. While this may be hard you march on and keep looking. I will never know all of the details of Shealin's life before she came into my life, but I will say I don't think it was great. I am forever thankful to China and the people that have brought her to me, but at the same time so wish it could have been sooner. I strongly encourage anyone that is waiting to make sure upon arrival home no matter what anyone and I do mean anyone says call for early intervention. Have your child evaluated as soon as possible. The worst that can happen is they won't qualify. Always listen to yourself, and don't second guess yourself. I did not listen to myself and should have gotten Shealin help for her speech much earlier than I did, being a first time parent I listened to others and not myself. She is getting great thearpy now and I am so happy with her progress over the last week and half. She has made some great strides in speech and in her summer program. She brings home so many wonderful projects that all relate to what she needs to work on. I am truly amazed at this beautiful little girl. Here she is in her new hat that she made today in school. It has a giraffe, monkey and ladybug on it all things she loves!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

No comments: