Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Patch

Well, I spoke to the eye doctor today about the patch. He told me to tape mittens on her hands and buy this stuff called Tegaderm, as it will be hard for her to grab that. Aaaaaahhhhhhhh wait, he said tape mittens to her hands! OMG! So of course I was panicking, tape what kind of tape. I am so totally freaked by this. Thank God, Abbie suggested using Velcro. Have, I mentioned my little active spicy girl hates mittens. She would not wear them all winter. So, tonight I took a pair of her socks and doctored them up with the Velcro, after much SCREAMING, and a HUGE THANK YOU to Alyssa and Charlotte for coming up to help, we wore our patch for a half an hour tonight. I so wanted to cry, I know its for the best, but it really feels horrible to do this to you child. We are going to try for an hour tomorrow. I will need a huge hot fudge sundae after that.

3 comments:

kitchu said...

I would need that Sundae too.. hope it gets better each time!

Kylie's momma said...

Hey Dana, is there anything that Shea JUSTS adores???? Could you try telling her if she leaves her patch on (set and egg timer) for such a time and when it "bings" she gets a reward? And keep extening the time slowly out? I know it's SOOOO hard to "argue" I mean discuss anything with a 2 year old?! Keep up the good work. Know it's hard but her eyesight is really the most important thing now :-) Hugs!

Briana's Mom said...

Ugh - I am so sorry you both have to go through this! Believe me, she will thank you for this later!